TOWARDS A REVIVAL *OF *DIVINE HEALING:
THE *HEALING MANIFESTO
Moses Oludele Idowu
THE HEALING MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH
The advent of the Covid-19 pandemic has brought to the fore six basic facts about the modern Church:
* The utter unpreparedness of the church to meet a major national health crisis.
* The ignorance of the modern church and her leadership and followership on God’s Principles of healing I.e., Divine Healing.
* The weakness of the modern Church and her utter dependence on the world’s ways in the area of Healing.
* The weakness of the church’s testimony as a result of the loss of the Apostolic vision of the Early Church.
* The death of real and authentic apostolic CHRISTIANITY.
* The jettisoning of Christ’s Great Commission which includes the order to “Heal the sick.”
The Early Apostolic Church had her healing methods which clearly differed from the ways of the world. The Jews had their methods of healings which differed from the systems of Egypt. It was an offence to go to Egypt for help to seek her physicians, which is the root of Western Medicine.
The Early Pentecostals took Christ as their Healer and the Early Aladura/ Apostolic Movement in this nation understood this and took Christ as the Healer. Some of them lived to long years in health before they died. Pastors Sadela, Babade, Babajide, Coker etc are few examples who lived to more than 100 years as an abiding testimony to the Truth of Divine Healing.
The tragedy today is that the church has forgotten the very principles of this way of life. The tragedy today is that there is no school, seminary, college or university – among the numerous schools and colleges owned by the church – that is spearheading to unearth, revive, resuscitate or spread this knowledge among the new generation of the children of the Gospel in the church.
The tragedy today is that an item in the Commission of Christ is being abrogated, deleted and observed in the breach; and church leaders worldwide do not see anything wrong with this.
It is for this reason and to fill this gap that this School is being promoted to teach and raise a group of people who can transmit this knowledge to another generation. It is not possible that the knowledge of Apostolic CHRISTIANITY would totally die out of this land. Divine Healing is the historic sign of all Apostolic Movements from Peter and Paul till today.
This is the purpose of the School whose motto is: TO HEAL THE SICK USING ONLY DIVINE METHODS
INTRODUCING THE SCHOOL*OF *DIVINE HEALING
There shall be a School of Divine Healing to teach men and women the principles of God’s Healing and the ways of Divine Health.
When the King of Glory the Lord Jesus Christ sent His disciples in the days of His flesh to preach the Gospel in Matthew 10 He told them to also ” Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils..”(v.8)
Also when He gave the Great Commission in Mark 16 He told them to preach the Gospel ( v.15,16). But He also told them that signs and wonders shall follow them as they preach the Gospel. One of there signs is that “they shall lay hands on the sick and the sick shall recover.” ( v.18)
History, Church History vividly confirms that everywhere and in every age where the true Gospel, Apostolic Gospel have been preached it has been followed with signs and wonders. We have a reason to doubt or consider and accept as Apostolic or as Gospel, authentic Gospel any form of preaching or theology which doubt’s or denies the healing of the sick.
Modern CHRISTIANITY has lost this dimension as events have now shown all over the world.
This school is an attempt to raise a band of men and women, dedicated and consecrated to raise again this banner of the Church that has now fallen down.
This School shall run for 1 year in this pioneering program. It will be an intensive 1 year all – round course.
There are 22 modules with several items. Most of these would be taught and others would be learned in Group work.
CURRICULUM / OUTLINE
The School intends to cover the following God willing.
1. DIVINE *HEALING
* Meaning, Definition, Understanding
* The Challenge of our Day
* Mark of Apostolic Christianity
2. A THEOLOGY*OF DIVINE HEALING
* The Necessity of Divine Healing
* Origin of sickness and diseases
* The spiritual nature of sickness and diseases.
* The link of sin and sickness.
* Divine Healing as The will of God
* The Scripturalness of Divine Healing
* The Case for Divine Healing
* Healing in the Atonement of Christ
3. DIVINE*HEALING : A *HISTORY
* From Moses to Our Day: the 4000 – year Survey
* Healing in the Pentateuch, Prophets and Kings.
* Healing in the Jewish System
* Healing in the Days of Jesus
* Healing in the Primitive Church (100-325 A.D)
* Healing in the medieval church ( Early and Latter Middle Ages)
– the monks
– the Franciscans
– Waldenses etc
* Healing among the Reformers, Quakers, Huguenots (1500 – 1800)
* Healing among the Early Pentecostals (1800- 1960)
* the Irvinites
* the Dorotheans
* the Zionists ( Dowie, Lake, etc)
– the Faith Tabernacle
– the Apostolics
– the Aladuras
– Joseph Babalola & Healing Revival of 1930
– the Harrist’s
– the Kimbanguists
* Healing in the Modern Day
– Voice of Healing Organization ( 1947-65)
– Oral Roberts & City of Faith
– John Wimber & Power healing school
– CAC Prophets ( Obadare, Samson Akande, Timothy Iyanda, Durojauye etc)
– Benson Idahosa etc
4. GOD’S *HEALING METHODS
* Divine healing
* Curative healing
* Prophylactic healing
* Power healing
* Preventive healing
5. THE *GRACE*OF DIVINE*HEALING
* Divine healing as Grace
* Salvation involves Healing
* Healing as Children’s bread
* Why it is free
6. THE HEALING ANOINTING
* What an Anointing is
* Ministering Healing with Anointing
* Ministering Healing without anointing
* The Healing mantle
* Factors in Healing Anointing
7. PERSPECTIVES ON *DIVINE HEALING
God in His multi- dimensional ways has made known to us diverse knowledge through His servants how to heal)
* The Christ Perspective
– Healing in the ministry of Jesus
– the many ways He healed the sick
– the Healing anointing of Christ
* The Apostles
– the Petrine Perspective
– Pauline Perspective
– Johanine Perspective
* The Catholic Church Perspective ( Middle and Latter Ages)
* George Fox and Quaker Perspective
– prophetic ministration
– miracle- healings
* Dorothean Perspective
– Healing prayers
* John Lumbrandt
– mass healing
– miracle healings
* Simpsonian Perspective ( after A. B.Simpson)
– the Life of God as health for the body
– the Atonement
* Dowiean Perspective
( after method of Alexander Dowie)
– the Healing community
– the Zion city.
* Lakean Perspective ( after John G. Lake )
– the Healing homes
– the Healing technicians
– the healing clothes
* Woodworth Etter, Aimee McPherson, Kathryn Khulman
– Holy Ghost meetings
– Healing anointing
– Healing services
* Kenyonian Perspective
( after E. W. Kenyon)
– Healing in the Word
– Healing by Meditation
– Healing through Confession
– Prayer of Faith
* William Branham ( Branhamic Perspective)
– the prophetic anointing
– The healing card
– the Prayer line
– the Healing crusade
– Visions as tool for healing
* Wigglesworth Perspective ( after Smith Wigglesworth)
– Faith healing
– Healing anointing
– Healing through prophetic anointing
– Prayer line
* Roberts Perspective ( Oral Roberts)
– the Healing Crusades
– the City of Faith, merging of prayer with modern medicine
– Healing cloth and tent meeting
* Allen Perspective ( A. A. Allen)
– the Miracle Valley, Arizona
– the anointing oil
– the healing crusade/ tent meeting
– praying for the sick
– Fasting and prayer
– miracle healings
* Lester Sumrall Perspective
– deliverance and healing
* Haginist Perspective ( after Kenneth E. Hagin)
– Healing through teaching of Faith
– the healing power of the Word
– healing through prophetic/ teaching anointing
– Ministering healing without Anointing
* T.L.Osborn (Osborn Perspective)
– the Healing Crusade
– Evangelistic heading
– Miracle healings
– Healing through Preaching Anointing
* Wimberan Perspective (John Wimber)
– Power healing
– power evangelism
– power deliverance
* Charles & Frances Hunter
– healing school
– healing anointing
THE AFRICANIST PERSPECTIVE
* Harrist Perspective ( after Prophet Wade Harris)
– the Healing Cross
– ministry of deliverance
– working with angels
* Faith Tabernacle Perspective
– the Faith home
– the Faith community
– prayer and the Word
– the covenant of healing
* Moses Orimolade Perspective
– Sanctified water
– Use of selected Psalms
– Praying Band
– Healing rod
* Babalola/ Orekoya Perspective (Joseph Ayo Babalola)
– Omi Iye, ( Living water)
– Healing revival
– the Prayer Mountain
– Anointed food
– the Use of Psalms
* Kimbanguist Perspective ( after Prophet Simon Kimbangu of Congo)
– the Healing Stream / Healing Lake of Nkamba
– Prophetic healing.
– the healing staff
* Milingo Perspective (after Father Milingo )
– power deliverance
– gift of healing
– spiritual discernment
* Omotunde Perspective ( after Emmanuel Omotunde )
– the Name of Jesus
– the use of coconut oil
– the healing streams
– the Ajaye healing community
– Consecrated soap.
* Apostolic Perspective
( the Apostolic Church)
– the Holy Communion
– the Anointing oil
– Healing and confession of sins
– Guidance through
* Odusona Perspective ( after J.S.B. Odusona)
– deliverance of witches
– Deliverance methods
– Authority of believers
– the infilling of the Holy Spirit
– Healing home/ community
* Samson Akande/ Timothy Obadare Perspective
– The Healing home
– the Healing Well
– Fasting and Prayer
– Healing and Prophetic Anointing
* Timothy Iyanda Perspective
– the Healing Anointing
– Evangelistic Crusades
– Miracle healings
* Osborn Perspective (after T.L.Osborn and Benson Idahosa )
– The Healing Crusade
– Evangelistic crusades and healing
– Miracle healings
– healing through strong preaching anointing
* Healing Quartet
* Mike Oye Perspective
( after Mike Oye)
– Nature & Herbal Remedies
– the healing powers of plants
* Oludele Perspective ( after Moses Oludele Idowu)
– Withdrawal and change of environment
– the Word as medicine
– Fasting therapy
– Water and Use of Psalms
8. FACTORS*IN HEALING
A. *FAITH & HEALING
* Place of Faith in Healing
* Developing Your Faith
* How Faith Comes
* Exercising Faith
* Teach the people Faith
B. WORDS & HEALING
* The healing power of words
* Men as creatures and victims of words
* “He sent His word and heal them”
* To HEAR & to be HEALED
* Death & Life as Products of Words
* Jesus Christ, the Word that heals the world
* Latest medical research on word and healing
C. ENVIRONMENT & HEALING
* The place of environment in healing
* Environmental factors in sickness formation
* To heal the man, first heal his environment
* Hygiene and healing
* Why our Fathers in Faith always change environment when sick
* The Mosaic Contribution to Environmental healing and preventive healing
D. WATER & HEALING
* The historic place of water in healing
* Healing waters: God’s Spirit can move on water to heal
* World Bank’s discovery.
* Japanese’s researcher discovery
* Water as healing instrument in Bible
* Use of water for healing in Traditional Religion
* What God told Joseph Babalola
E. FASTING & HEALING
* Fasting as Therapeutic
* Spirit is strengthened by denial
* The Nobelist discovery on Fasting as cure for Cancer
* How fasting strengthens the body against sickness
* How excessive food damages the body
9. HEALING MOVEMENTS
* The Apostolic Movement
* The Fransicsans
* The Benedictines
* The Voice of Healing Organization.
10. DEATH*OF DIVINE*HEALING (*NIGERIA)
* How & Why Divine Healing died
– the C&S Crisis of 1929
– The Marriage of 1931
– Generational Crisis
– Lack of able successors for Aladura pioneers.
* How Divine Healing can be Restored
* Why divine healing should be Restored
– Through churches
– New generation movement
– Through Apostolic Teaching and preaching
– Through Books
– Writings, seminars
– Bible Schools, seminaries and colleges
11. THE *COVENANT OF*DIVINE*HEALING
* MARAH: The Healing of Bitter waters
* Marah as Object Lesson
* The Covenant of Healing
* God as Healer of his People
* The Forgotten History
* Why Divine Healing is Covenant in the Early Church, Apostolic Church and Aladura
* Going to Egypt for help: Why God was Angry with King Asa and King Ahaziah
* The Spiritual shortcomings of medical. science.
12. ISSUES*IN*DIVINE *HEALING
A. HINDRANCES TO HEALING
*Under this there are 5 items
B. PROBLEMS & DIFFICULTY OF HEALING
( Under this there are 4 items)
13. HEALING *AND THE *ATONEMENT
Under this there are 6 items/ sub- topics
14. THE ATONEMENT OF *CHRIST
Under this there are 5 sub topics
15. CHRIST THE HEALER
There are 4 sub- topics:
The Foursquare Dimension of Gospel of Healing
* Christ as Saviour from sickness
* Christ as Redeemer from sin, sickness and death
* Christ as King with authority over all sickness, diseases and virus
* Christ as the Great Physician , the Healer of His People
16. A. THE HEALING PROMISES
B. THE *HEALING SCRIPTURES
17. HEALING *IN THE*OLD TESTAMENT
Under this there are 11 sub- topics
18. HEALING *IN THE*NEW TESTAMENT
Under this there are 12 sub- topics
19. HOW TO ACTIVATE HEALING FOR*SELF
Under this there are 6 sub- topics
20. MINISTERING HEALING *TO OTHERS
Under this there are 8 sub- topics
21. GIFTS *OF HEALING
.* Diverse gifts & operations
* Nature of gifts
* How it works & manifests
* How to seek the gifts
* the Healing Anointing
22. PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
Under this there are 12 sub- topics
23. PRACTICALS : TO HEAL*THE SICK
24. PRACTICALS: TO HEAL*THE SICK
THIS IS THE END OF THE FOUNDATION COURSE FOR 1 YEAR ( 12 -18 MTHS) .FOR PIONEER STUDENTS
1 ORTHODOX . MEDICINE
* The Case against Medical Science
* Occult Roots of Modern Western Medicine
* Medical Malpractices
* Imhotep, Hippocrates, Apollo the Fathers of medicine: Who were they?
* Why The early Pentecostals shunned Medical Science
* The coming Antichrist takeover of Medical Science
2. THE *HEALING PSALMS
* The Healing Power of Psalms
* Use of Psalms for Healing
* The Orimolade Perspective
* The Babalola Perspective
* A Healthy church life
* The Healing power of good marriage
* The Healing Power of Union within Marriage
4. HERBS *AND ROOTS
*Judicious Use of Herbs
* Curative Powers of Certain Plants, fruits.
* Their Weakness and Disadvantages
5. ALTERNATIVE HEALING METHODS
* Healing power of music
* Nature Healing
* Aqua healing
* Herbal medicine
* Spiritual Qualities of certain food items.
* Strength and weakness
6. DIVINE *HEALTH
* Healthy habits
* Spiritual qualities of food items
* Your Tongue is your Life
* Quickening of the Mortal body.
This will include:
– Course materials/ Instructional materials
– Online materials
– Teaching & Demonstration
– Library with access to rare books on healing
METHODS / MODELS
The method of instructions will utilize 3 aspects:
At least once a week a course work of 1-2 hour online.
Once in a month there would be a gathering involving physical presence of all students for instructions and demonstrations with fasting.
This is for (8 -10 hrs)
Only those abroad are exempted from this.
3. RETREAT / CONVOCATION
The third medium for meeting is Retreat/ Convocation.
Once every quarter ( every 3 months) there shall be a Retreat/ Convocation. This will be for (24 hrs) of teachings, prayers and impartation. It will usually be for 2 days.
1. ATTENDANCE AT CONVOCATION IS COMPULSORY FOR STUDENTS. ABSENCE IN ANYONE MEANS EXPULSION.
2. ATTENDANCE AT PLENARY IS IMPORTANT. ABSENCE AT TWO PLENARY SESSIONS MEANS EXPULSION.
* Students based abroad are exempted from plenary. However they must be available for at least one or two Convocation before the end of session to fully learn the course.
The School of Divine Healing embraces Hebraic Learning methods instead of Hellenic methods. The real test of knowledge is being able to use the knowledge rather than just passing examination. Until you can be used by God to heal the sick you have not learn the lesson of the course.
For this set of pioneering students it is for a minimum of 1 year. ( Between 12- 18 months).From July 2020 – July/ December 2021 till the course is covered.
CREDITS / REQUIREMENTS
* Weekly online sessions- 2 credits ( for 50 weeks) = 100
* Plenary sessions (12)- 8 credits for 12 months= 96
* Retreat/ Convocation (4)- 24 credits. = 96
Sub- Total = 292
Grand Total. = 700 credits
To be certified for Graduation or completion of the Course a student must attain at least *400*credit points.
As you can see from the brief Outline and Curriculum the school is tedious, rigorous and very demanding.
This school is rigorous business which will demand and task your effort.
– If you have never fasted for 3 days without food, consider again your application.
– If you cannot apply yourself to pray for hours at a stretch, think again and pray about participating.
– Here knowledge is not just for entertainment or excitement but for Application, Action and Results.
* If you are not prepared kindly consider waiting for the next batch in 2021.
At Schiol of Divine Healing :
1. Order*is order .
Discipline will be enforced. Misbehavior attracts severe sanctions. Lateness to any mutually agreed meetings is severely punished.
No begging, no pleading. No excuse for absence at agreed meetings.
The rules will be enforced rigidly.
* Produce *Results not *Reasons . No excuse whatsoever.
– Once you are disciplined accept your discipline in good faith. No pleading, begging. It is not allowed.
This is a school and you are pioneers who would become future instructors, so no indiscipline will be tolerated.
Think seriously about this. before submitting applications.
– You may be sent to go and pray for the sick: it is part of your training and you must go. (Order is order.) Obey first, complain later.
– Lateness at Plenary sessions are not allowed
– Those outside the country are exempted from Plenary for obvious reasons but they must attend at least 1 or 2 Convocation to make the required credits for the Program.
– You are the pioneers so it has to be rigorous because a standard must be laid. Remember the Foundation is the most difficult part of the building. The plan is that those who made this Course in flying colours can join me as instructors for the next batch in 2021 as this Knowledge will soon become needful for the church and needed for the days ahead.
PLENARY & RETREAT/ CONVOCATION sessions will be rotated among the cities of southwest depending on where most students reside. Lagos, Ibadan, Ilesha, Akure, Ife and Ekiti.
Attendance is compulsory. Once you missed a Convocation Session you won’t be able to catch up again at the rate we want to go.
The Course is free. It is an initiative of Apostolic Christianity Network, it is free.
However payment of N5000 is required for instructional and other materials for the Course that will be prepared for you.
Another N2000 for logistics for hosting the course.
– In addition candidates has to transport himself to and from the Centers / locations of Plenary/ Retreat/ Convocations
AT THE END OF THE COURSE, YOU SHOULD BY THE GRACE OF GOD UNDERSTAND HOW DIVINE HEALING WORKS AND HOW TO ADMINISTER THE GRACE TO HEAL THE SICK .
The Chief Lecturer is Moses Oludele Idowu.
He will be ably supported by
* God the Father
* God the Son
* God the Holy Ghost
The Cloud of Witnesses, the Spirits of Just Men Made Perfect and the Communion of
I assure you it will be an interesting experience.
© Moses Oludele Idowu
June 24, 2020
All Rights Reserved